Best Coursera Alternatives
Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses online. It is one of the best online learning platforms for students. People find it easier and approachable to enroll and get certified at the end of course. However, there are some other best websites for Coursera alternatives that offer the same aid as coursera does but not limited to only what it does.
Here we have listed the best site which is alternatives to coursera
edX is considered to be considered as one of the best Coursera alternatives because it is linked with the most prestigious schools and Universities like Harvard, MIT, Berkeley, Australian National University etc. This website allows choosing and enrolling the courses that are offered by different prestigious Universities around the world. The course is offered free and a small amount is charged for receiving a Certification. Certificate is provided on completion of the entire course. Courses provided by edX include various fields like, music, data science, medicine, Information Technology, Cookery and many more. Courses are available in different languages which is easier for us to choose our language of convenience.
Udacity is another entrant which is highly recommended Coursera alternatives. It offers around 100 courses (with 9 “Nanodegree” course groups). However, the certification is offered for the courses in technical fields such as Website development, Software engineering, data science etc. Also the courses that are demanded for the roles to fit in world leading technical companies like Google, Facebook.
it is an another Coursera alternatives, this education website is named after its founder Salman Khan. It is not a “nonprofit” website. This website gives tons of miniature lectures on different topics powered by YouTube. The users progress is tracked on regular basis with the help of activities like assignments, quizzes based on their performance. Teachers can make use of the resources that are offered free. The course is available at 23 different languages.
Udemy is one of the best Coursera alternatives that provides 30,000 online courses. They offer courses that are mostly related to anything. Since Udemy is comparatively providing more options than coursera it is preferred by everyone. It doesn’t provide any course for certification from University however they offer skilled trade certification. Some of the courses are offered for free while some are charged at a minimum tuition fee.
It is an another Course alternatives, anyone who is passionate about the coding computer language can definitely enroll in this website. It offers courses on how to make computer programs in 10 different coding languages. It is of free registration and offers various lessons that is suitable for users from beginner level to programming expert level. The programmers are also allowed to create their own programs and ask questions in the forum to help out each other. The academy gives feedback on the performance.
Lynda is an another Coursera alternatives, that offers education courses at small fee with different subscription plans which allows the user to access a wide variety of course materials same like coursera does. A 10day free trial on 4 different learning plans is offered initially after that Basic plan of $24.99 per month will be charged. Later unlimited access is allowed to the new courses and videos.
It is another Coursera Alternatives this website has a different approach from other educational sites. They offer language courses in gaming style. Learning language is now made easier as well as interesting through this course. Users will be provided with interactive language based games that you have to play and complete. These mini games include quizzes, name the item, make a word, etc which will enhance the user to understand the language more easily. Create your own profile in the website and set goals to achieve on daily basis, play and learn simultaneously J
This is Wikimedia foundation project developed for learning resources, learning projects and research for use in all levels, types, and styles of education from preschool to University. It has information in more than 14languages.
The best place to start your education at free of cost is Alison. This site offers various courses like coursera. Even the certification is provided at free of cost. The courses are offered on business and enterprise skill course, digital literacy and IT skill course, personal development and soft skill courses, languages, health and safety courses. You can also create study groups with other course-fellows and study together for a better learning experience.
Team Tree House:
The best website to learn the courses of building own website, publishing personal app in mobile platform is Team Tree House. Monthly subscription of $25 to $ 50 has to be paid initially. HD video tutorials, online coding platform is provided by this website.
Most famous one that also offers various educational stuffs like coursera, YouTube is not only a place for videos and game tutorials; they act as educational tutor too. Many academies have tie up with YouTube for the live videos of courses and lessons. We can search for our favorite subject and gain more knowledge about the subject we would like to.
This is one of the Wikimedia community for creating a free library of educational textbooks that anyone can edit.
This website contains video library which consists of educational videos. This platform also allows users to take any useful educational video, not just TED’s and easily creates a customized lesson around the video. Users can share the lessons, publicly or privately and track their impact on the world.
It is a free social educational network that allows millions of online students around the world to gain equal opportunity for education, learn while communicating and share their knowledge. It is a free online platform like coursera that helps teachers to create awesome video lessons in minute and share them in a single click.
Openculture is an open source for varied online courses. There is no need for registration, though they are downloaded as audio files via iTunes or watch through You Tube in video format. These videos and audios are created by the top professionals from most prestigious professionals from various Universities around the world. There is also an option of free download of eBooks, audiobooks, and even educational movies.
Business Education Video site delivering FREE access to 1000’s of business education videos and learning modules (updated daily). Academy Bridge is great for learners who benefit most from video content.
Carnegie Mellon University:
Open learning initiative has 27 online courses available FREE. Each course also offers a unique target feedback process for learners.
It has collection of multimedia educational resources for learning and online teaching.
MIT Open Courseware:
MIT Open Courseware is web based publication of virtually all MIT course content.
Open Educational Resources Network. Open textbooks, course material, video and images.
University of Wisconsin:
Open Textbook Library has FREE textbooks covering many different topics.
Have a look on the list of other sources that provides courses online too:
Art and Music:
- Dave Conservatoire: It is an entirely free online music school offering “World-class music education for everyone” via video lessons and practice tests.
- DrawSpace: The passion for art and drawing can be improved in this platform. This has free and paid self study.
- Justin Guitar: The Justin Guitar site provides over 800 free guitar lessons which cover transcribing, scales, arpeggios, ear training, chords, recording tech and guitar gear.
Data Science, Math and Engineering:
- Stanford Engineering Everywhere: Classes are free to the students and teachers with materials that include course syllabi, lecture videos, homework, exams and more.
- Big Data University: This website covers Big data analysis and Data science via free and paid courses developed by teachers and professionals.
- Better Explained: It offers a big picture first approach to learn mathematics often with visual explanations for high school algebra or college level calculus, statistics and other related topics.
General, Children and Adults:
- Scratch: Scratch from MIT is a casual creative learning site for children which has projects that range from the solar system to paper planes to music synths and more.
- Ed2go: It aims for “affordable” online learning courses at adults, and partners with over 2100 colleges and universities to offer this virtual instructor in multiple categories with options for instructors who would like to participate.
- GCF Learn Free: GCF learn free is a project of Goodwill Community Foundation and Goodwill industries, targeting anyone look for modern skills, offers over 1000 lessons and 125 tutorials available online at anytime, covering technology, computer software, reading, math, work and career and more.
- Stack Exchange: It is one of several dozen Q+A sites covering multiple topics, including Stack Overflow, which is related to computer technology.
- Hippo Campus: Hippo Campus combines free video collections on 13 middle school through college subjects from NROC Project, STEMbite, Khan Academy, NM State Learning Games Lab and more, with free accounts for teachers.
- School Tube: This is a video sharing platform from K-12 students and their educators, with registered users representing over 50,000 schools and a site offering of over half a million videos.
General College and university:
- MIT Open Courseware: This project started the open education Consortium. The website has full content of 50 real MIT courses available online and later including most of the MIT course curriculum for free of cost with hundreds of higher education institutions joining in with their own OCW course materials later.
- NovoEd: NovoEd claims a range of mostly free courses from thought leaders and distinguished professors from top universities and makes it possible for today’s participants to be tomorrow’s mentors in future courses.
IT and Software Development:
- Apple Developer Site: Apple developer center may be very specific in topics for lessons, but it’s a free source of documentation and tutorials for software developers who want to develop apps for iOS Mobile, Mac OS X Desktop, and safari web apps.
- Google Code: As with Apple developer center, Google code is topic narrow but a good source of documentation and tutorials for Android App development.
Also, find some MOOC Providers:
- io helps you find the best programming courses/tutorials voted by the programming community.
- com is an online eLearning Market place for continuing professional Education.
Other Useful Online Course URL links:
Course Buffet: www.coursebuffet.com
Data Camp: datacamp.com
My test buddy: www.mytestbuddy.com
Berkeley Webcasts: www.webcast.berkeley.edu
Class Central: www.class-central.com
Every class: www.everyclass.com
My open courses: www.myopencourses.com
My open campus: www.myopencampus.in
Skill share: www.skillshare.com
Academic Earth: www.academicearth.org
YouTube Education: www.youtube.com/education
Learn to be: www.learntobe.org
Open Sesame: www.OpenSesame.com
Code School: www.codeschool.com
Code Coalition: www.class.codecoalition.com
Venture lab: www.venture-lab.stanford.edu
Since, technology got widened the ability to access anything in the world has become much easier. At present, MOOCs attracts many users around the world. There are now thousands of MOOCs available worldwide like coursera since the gate to education is now accessible from our finger tip. Initially, MOOCs are open-access features, like open licensing of content. Later, they became closed licenses for course materials while maintaining free access for students.
Questions to be asked before choosing the right alternatives for Coursera:
- Are you looking for a one to one tutor?
- Is the website 100% trustworthy?
- Does the certification provided by the website is valid in long run?
- How to choose the perfect course you are looking for?
- Does the content of the website is reliable?
- Are there any hidden charges that are charged illegally?
- How effectively does the course impacts your future/career?
So this complete list will must be useful for you to choose best Coursera alternatives, If it helps let us know in comments.